Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cheap project anyone?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy
Admin
Andy

Cheap project anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Cheap project anyone?   Cheap project anyone? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:11 am

I've got this 1983 Suzuki GS650G shaft drive sat in my yard which I'd like to sell. I got it to sell on to a friend when his old bike blew up. However, when I picked it up I discovered it wasn't running, the clutch was stuck and both brakes were seized. I was going to sort it out and sell it on eBay. However, since breaking my thumb, aquiring an RD400, having a Black Bomber to restore, etc I just haven't got the time. We'd like the yard to be free of the carcasses of dead bikes with the Spring coming so I'm offering it here if anybody want's a challenge and a cheap bike as a bad weather hack.

I have since got it running by cleaning out the carbs and fitting new plugs and it does so quite sweetly although it smokes a little when cold so I suspect the valve guides are slightly worn. The smoke dissapears when warm. The clutch has been freed and it engages all gears fine. It's done just short of 53,000 miles. All that needs to be sorted are the brakes and the rear stop light switch could do with a good clean. The front switch doesn't work but as it's pre 1986 it only needs on working brake light. The neutral light now doesn't work and I suspect this is just the bulb 'cos it was initially.There's some wear in the side of the seat which can be seen in the photos. It also needs a new battery but these can be obtained for about £25. The tyres are in excellent condition and the hideous paint job is pretty good with the exception of a few small scatches. Swing arm bushes appear to be sound and there's no play in the head races. The exhaust system is a Motad and the chrome on it is excellent.

So, clean up the brakes, fit new seals, sort out the brake switch and it should sail through an MOT.

I want £150 for it.

You'll have to collect it with a trailer or van :grin:

If it doesn't sell I'll probably break it. The exhaust must be worth half of what I'm asking.

Cheap project anyone? GS650G4
Cheap project anyone? GS650G3
Cheap project anyone? GS650G2
Cheap project anyone? GS650G
Back to top Go down
https://tdbcmc.forumotion.com
kawasaki

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project anyone?   Cheap project anyone? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Your Susuki is a bargin I ll pay my next door nieghbour a visit and see if he is interested

, see what the none Forum members are missing ,regards Kawaski
Back to top Go down
Andy
Admin
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project anyone?   Cheap project anyone? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:26 am

Now sold.
Back to top Go down
https://tdbcmc.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project anyone?   Cheap project anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap project anyone?
Page 1 of 1