Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exmoor run.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bikerlen

Exmoor run. Empty
PostSubject: Exmoor run.   Exmoor run. EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Just wondering did the Exmoor run take place, or is this top secret information. ?.

bikerlen. Exmoor run. 4238099835
Back to top Go down
kawasaki

Exmoor run. Empty
PostSubject: Exmoor Run 2012   Exmoor run. EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:59 am

Hi Len

Ecellent run dispite the heavy rain all across the moors. Weather improved when we arrived at Lynton coffee stop .

Regards Ian [Kawasaki]
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Exmoor run. Empty
PostSubject: Exmoor Weekend 2012   Exmoor run. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:26 am

We have for many years now enjoyed the Club Exmoor Run and so for the last three years have made a weekend of it with friends from around the country. Friends arrive with us on Friday afternoon, some camp, others stay in the house. On the Saturday this year we took everyone to Exmoor for a ride out - we did manage to use a different route from the Sunday. That is what so wonderful about Exmoor, you only have to change direction and everything looks new!

We raised £250 for the Air Ambulance, bringing our total so far to over £1000 over the years. thumbs

Here are some pictures taken on our Saturday run:-

On Sunday, after feeding the masses with sausages, bacon etc we set off to Total Triumph for the Club Exmoor Run. Slight detour on the way to drop off our Chinese take away order in readiness for that evening. Andy and I feed everyone on both Friday and Saturday night but go for the easy option on Sunday!

Disappointingly, we were down on entry numbers this year, last year we had a total of 196 or 197 and this year only 147. Some were saying that we clashed with one of the Dartmoor Runs but I know in previous years we have clashed with the VMCC annual run and probably some others. This time of year there is almost bound to be something else going on. Pre entered numbers were very similar to last year, but we had 19 packs not collected at the sign on desk. One of our friends was ill and could not come, leaving 18 folk who either did not turn up or could have been there but never signed on. Some riders were there at the start but never made it to the coffee stop - either their bikes were not well or they simply did not like the look of the weather. Admittedly, it was cold finger time at the coffee stop but those of us that carried on were rewarded with very pleasant weather for the rest of the day.

Despite being down on numbers we did have a great day with some beautiful bikes out on show. I know the judges had a difficult time making a final decision.

The ride itself was planned and led by Fran and his knowledge of Exmoor really shows in the roads he chooses. Thank you Fran for a stunning ride.

I would like to say thank you to everyone else who works hard behind the scenes to make the day a success - there are usually a few hiccups but hopefully we hide them well and put them right quickly!

I must take this opportunity to apologise for three errors on the route provided in the pack - a few folk were very quick to point these out - thankfully our ride is well marshalled and so I hope we did not loose anybody.

I also made a bit of a boo boo when I handed Sylvia the wrong trophy - Andy spotted the "deliberate" mistake so we could rectify it very quickly!

I have already thought of ways to make the trophy giving a bit more efficient - even providing each winner with a clip board to complete the form will negate the need for table top space and prevent the breeze taking the papers away!

THE AWARD WINNERS WERE

Best Bike Overall - Jeremy Grant - on a 1973 Kawasaki H2A
Oldest Bike - Ian Trott - on a 1946 Norton M18
Best Norton - Robert White - on a 1952 Norton 7
Furthest Pre entered participant - Adrian Broadbent who travelled from Leeds to join us
Best Represented Club - Wells won this for the 8th consecutive year - they have been given the trophy in perpetuity as a thank you for their loyal support

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Apologies to Chris (Chairman of The Wells Club) but we did not manage to get a photo of you receiving the shield but here are the photographs I took of the day:-

Back to top Go down
bikerlen

Exmoor run. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exmoor run.   Exmoor run. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Thanks Paula, its good to see everyone having a fab time, even though we not had a good year weatherwise.

great pics to.

bikerlen. Cool
Back to top Go down
bikerlen

Exmoor run. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exmoor run.   Exmoor run. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks for reply Ian, also thanks Paula for supplying pics of the run. Also Worlds End.

bikerlen. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exmoor run. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exmoor run.   Exmoor run. Empty

Back to top Go down

Exmoor run.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club :: Events :: What's coming up and what you missed.-
Jump to: