Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This Forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paula

Paula

This Forum Empty
PostSubject: This Forum   This Forum EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Despite every effort made by a couple of people it is clear that this forum is not doing what it set out to do.

We have found over the years that unless you are "in" with the group you do not learn about events etc until they have happened. New members would certainly have no chance of knowing what is going on - the forum was intended to spread the word so to speak - oops failed again!!!!!

The introduction of this forum was agreed at a meeting almost unanimously - where are the key members of the club? Why are they not leading the way to encourage others? In my opinion, the Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and Social co-ordinator should be key players on this forum.

It is of course highly unlikely that they will even see this post.

Where are they?

hide
Back to top Go down
bikerlen

This Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Forum   This Forum EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:21 am

Where are they?

Are they hiding behind the old bike shed.?

bikerlen. This Forum 4238099835
Back to top Go down
tankslapper

This Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Forum   This Forum EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:06 am

bikerlen wrote:
Where are they?

Back to top Go down
tankslapper

This Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Forum   This Forum EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:14 am

tankslapper wrote:
bikerlen wrote:
Where are they?

No they are Chairing, Secretarying, Treasurying and organising social events. Just finished finalising arrangements for BBQ on 30 June with Rob.

A forum/computers in general are not everyone's cuppa. As a newcomer to the forum system I found it clumsy and not intuitive to operate. I struggled just to download a picture and, even with advice from Paula, gave up in the end and went to bed.

I guess that the majority of club members put Building/Riding/Fettling/Talking bikes face to face ahead of forums and suchlike. Phil the Vicar had trouble rustling up content for the Wrinklie website, probably for the same reason.

Let's not allow the forum to become a focus point only for grouses about other members, club officials.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Admin
Andy

This Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Forum   This Forum EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:32 pm

This forum was almost unanimously voted for at a club meeting.

Yes, we are disappointed that hardly anyone that voted has even given it a chance. If having tried it, folk don't like it, then fine. In our opinion a meeting should not vote for something that they have no intention of supporting.

We asked for feedback so we could make the forum more user friendly. Barry, you were asked to post pictures as per Paula's guide and feedback to her how it could be improved. Whistle To date we have received no constructive feedback from anyone. Banghead

It's not a grouse that Paula is having. She is merely expressing her disappointment that key members of the club are not helping to lead the way.

It appears obvious that this forum should have never been started and therefore as agreed it will be removed after six months has expired. thumbs

Back to top Go down
https://tdbcmc.forumotion.com

This Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Forum   This Forum EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:56 am

tankslapper wrote:

No they are Chairing, Secretarying, Treasurying and organising social events. Just finished finalising arrangements for BBQ on 30 June with Rob.

A forum/computers in general are not everyone's cuppa. As a newcomer to the forum system I found it clumsy and not intuitive to operate. I struggled just to download a picture and, even with advice from Paula, gave up in the end and went to bed.

I guess that the majority of club members put Building/Riding/Fettling/Talking bikes face to face ahead of forums and suchlike. Phil the Vicar had trouble rustling up content for the Wrinklie website, probably for the same reason.

Let's not allow the forum to become a focus point only for grouses about other members, club officials.

Moan moan moan moan. Can't post pictures? Are you a luddite?

I can see what the ladys on about. You blinkered or what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Forum   This Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

This Forum
Page 1 of 1