Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Taunton newbie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
greenbrain

greenbrain

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:15 am

Hi folks.

Can you tell me whether you cater for riders of Hinckley Triumphs? Cos I ride a 2005 T100, which hardly ranks as vintage, tho in my eyes at least it's a beauty. :?:

**I'm** vintage, if that counts?! I'll be 57 later this year. Taunton newbie 4238099835

I did meet some club members a couple of years ago. A pal of mine in Ruishton (who rode a very large very red Kawasaki Vulcan) invited me along on a club run to Exmoor. But he's retired to Cyprus now, jammy wotsit. Sad

So I know where you meet, but not sure when, please advise.

Barry

2005 T100, 2000 Vulcan
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenbrainassociates.com
bikerlen

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:36 am

Welcome to the dive Barry, the meetings are wrinklies second thursday of month bout 7 30 ish, and the taunton motor cycle club is on the last thursday of month bout same time. Perhaps a few other members will be along here soon, thinks they are polishing there bikes at mo. also some are very shy, and they hide behind the old bike shed. As for your bike, theres nought wrong with one of they, got all types in this club. When you see mine you will know that i keep mine very dirty, im saving on water. and polish to. You always see lovely shades of rust red to. Later on there might be a few more members join here, as we that be here we has not ate anyone yet. Enjoy your biking wherever you ride.

bikerlen. Taunton newbie 120275
Back to top Go down
greenbrain

greenbrain

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:38 am

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm confused though. Crying or Very sad

What's the difference between Hell's Wrinklies and the TDBCMCCC? Why do they meet on different nights?
Back to top Go down
bikerlen

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Barry,

If you click on link below, then click to diary page, all will be revealed. top right hand corner explains whos who,

http://www.hellswrinkliescreech.co.uk/

bikerlen. Laughing
Back to top Go down
greenbrain

greenbrain

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Ta muchly Taunton newbie 4238099835

I'll get along when I can. I'm a private tutor and we're running up to exams so evenings/weekends are at a premium just now, but by the end of June I'll have nothing but spare time! Taunton newbie 120275
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:02 am

Hello Barry

Welcome to the forum - hopefully you will be able to get along on a Thursday night during the "summer" - lets hope for some good summer evenings. sunny

As you said you have some free time during the summer months then maybe you are able to join us on our Exmoor Run on July 29th. You may be aware of it's existence or perhaps you have come along in previous years. If not, do try and make it, as it is a great day. About 200 motorcycles of all types gather at Total Triumph on the Sunday morning and then head off for an Exmoor excursion.

There is an entry form on the web site.

You will be able to meet all of us at the same time!

By the way - 57 is by no means vintage - I am 55 and consider I have many years as a youngster yet!

Back to top Go down
greenbrain

greenbrain

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:40 am

Well of course I meant to say 'middle aged' Very Happy

Certainly still young at heart, about 17! Cool

No I hadn't heard of the Exmoor run, but I'm very interested. I love the place anyway, and when I get a free morning I often go for a run out at least as far as Dunster - and if I have a full day, Ilfracombe - along the coast road, then back along that lovely B3358/3224 right along the spine of Exmoor. Yum.

Count me in!
Back to top Go down
greenbrain

greenbrain

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:48 am

Just checked it out and although the entry form correctly says Sunday 29th, in the Hells Wrinklies diary it says 28th!

I've got the form, and as they say "the cheque is in the post" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:49 am

Barry

The forms come to us so we will look out for yours.

I agree about Exmoor - just about the best place for a ride and on our doorstep. Like you - when we have some spare time that is where we always end up - Woody Bay, Valley of the Rocks, Dunkery - all superb.

I even love Blue Anchor and Minehead!

Bounce
Back to top Go down
greenbrain

greenbrain

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:58 am

Agreed - if time is short then a run out to the Blue Anchor caff and back for tea and chips clears the cobwebs nicely. A few lucky people have even seen me in a shortie wetsuit there, when the tide is in!

And when I bought the T100 my first run out was actually Countisbury, to watch the clouds over Exmoor forming where the onshore breeze hits the cliffs.

I've been *past* Dunkery many times but have to confess not *up* it, yet! No
Back to top Go down
greenbrain

greenbrain

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Exmoor run   Taunton newbie EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:45 am

OK, after losing my Exmoor letter in the post for a month (due to it being about 1mm oversize) then when I got it back re-sending it in a *slightly* smaller envelope, I got my number and letter in the post today, many thanks.

I was kinda expecting more info than 1 slim bit of paper, hence the big return envelope:

• I do usually really like to check out a route and fix it in my mind and satnav well before the actual day,
  • I was also expecting a piece of paper with group riding dos and donts

but if this is the way you guys like to do it I guess thats OK. I'm sure there'll be enough bikes on it not to get lost! And if you need a protocol/instructions for riding safely (so everyone knows what to do when) in a group just shout - I have one I wrote for the Ulysses club.

The weather *will* be good and I'm really looking forward to it. See you all there.

B
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:24 am

Hello Barry

Andy and I do the entry forms and send out the numbers - we have increased the information sent out with the ride number by about 1000% - taking it from a piece of paper with three lines of information to an A4 sheet.

On the day you will get the route details - this is the procedure for many of the rides we take part in across this area.

The ride is very well marshalled and/or signed.

If you let me have an e-mail address for you I will happily send you a copy of the route in advance of the 29th.

Regarding riding "do's and don'ts" - in my opinion, even when rules are issued they will always be ignored by some folk - I appreciate that these are usually the "not so good" riders but they are also the folk who think "that does not apply to me".

We also try to strike a balance between being too dictatorial and too laid back. I would like to think that we achieve that balance, however, it is only those who take part who can comment.

I look forward to meeting you on the 29th and really hope you enjoy the day.
Back to top Go down
greenbrain

greenbrain

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi Paula. I didn't mean to sound so critical, I was just having a grouchy day yesterday, sorry. Embarassed

In both the Vulcan owners and in Ulysses we found that quite a high proportion of older members were unused to group riding, doing it only rarely. So we produced an A4 flier explaining the do's and don'ts - protocol on the ride, safe positioning, what to do after breakdowns, accidents etc. It just stops people having needless accidents or flapping like headless chickens when things don't go to plan.

I would like to pore over the route though so yes please send me it, to: barrycroft [at] yahoo.co.uk . I'll send you back the group ride guide for your info.

I hate to risk jinxing it, but the long range forecast is looking better than we dared hope... Taunton newbie 4238099835
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:30 am

Hello Barry

The route is on it's way - just realised that there was no need to request your e-mail address as I have it on your entry form! Doh

Back to top Go down
the vicar

the vicar

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:51 am

Please note the route is now on the wrinklies website. The one you got may have said left at Simonsbath, but it meant right, and that is correct on the website! See you Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taunton newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taunton newbie   Taunton newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Taunton newbie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club :: If you are new here :: Hello! I'm new here.-
Jump to: