Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bad news for bikers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bikerlen

Bad news for bikers Empty
PostSubject: Bad news for bikers   Bad news for bikers EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:25 am

Bad news for bikers, in my opinion. no mots for pre 1960 motor cycles from november. I think even the best motorcyclist misses out things when checking his or her bike over. I really hope that this is not going to happen. an mot in my mind, is worth it weight in gold.

bikerlen. Sad
Back to top Go down
Andy
Admin
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for bikers   Bad news for bikers EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Yes I agree with you Len. However, it would be nice to see us move into line with Europe ( as we seem to do on all the bad things) and have MOT's on motorbikes every two years.

When the Tories were last in power they introduced the 25 year old ruling for Historic vehicles. Mr Robbin Brown took that away as soon as he became Chancellor. We now have classic bikes approaching 40 years old that have to pay road tax of up to £76.00 per year. It's about time the Tories reintroduced the Historic Vehicle ruling IMHO.
Back to top Go down
https://tdbcmc.forumotion.com
tankslapper

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for bikers   Bad news for bikers EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Yes Lenny, you are right. It is always good to have your bike checked over by someone else. We don't necessarily notice slow developing problems, head play, swing arm wear etc. In my case, once, a torque arm bolt that had lost its nut.

Nothing to stop us taking the bike in and asking for a check. It may even be less costly than an M.o.T. especially for older bikes. An old bike takes far less time than a modern one but we still pay the same fee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for bikers   Bad news for bikers Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad news for bikers
Page 1 of 1