Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of Taunton Classic Motorcycle Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paula

Paula

The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012 Empty
PostSubject: The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012   The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:33 am

The sun shone and some beautiful bikes brought their owners along for a grand day out. Wells Club did a sterling job - everything very well organised and a scenic route prepared.

The Tortoises included "The Ariel Three" and their support vehicle - Roger on a scooter kitted to a tow rope!

Andy, Gary and Mike set off on their Ariel Three's to do the first ride of the day - 31 miles. Andy and Gary made it but sadly Mike "seized up" and arrived at the coffee stop in the Recovery car with a very sad looking bike on the trailer. The good news is that later in the day Mike was spotted riding said bike around the field and so the damage was not fatal. thumbs

Andy and I entered the Hare ride on our Moto Guzzi T3 California and had a great time.

I have to confess that last year we were disappointed with the bikes chosen for awards - almost new bikes winning in a classic bike ride did not seem right. PD

This year the chosen bikes were - in my opinion - well deserving. Some beautiful specimens were selected for prizes and the "Mayor's" favourite was a stunning 250 Yamaha - this lady mayor clearly had a more discerning eye than last years male mayor!!!

I will post some pictures this week along with my Spirit of The 60's ones.

Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

PostSubject: Re: The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012   The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Here is my slideshow of the Hare & Tortoise Run.

Back to top Go down
bikerlen

PostSubject: Re: The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012   The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks again Paula, a funtime was had by all it seems, with the added attraction of good weather.

bikerlen. The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012 120275
Back to top Go down
dodgy

PostSubject: the ariel 3 +1   The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:34 pm

hey Paula love the photo,s and the tow rope comment cheers Very Happy from the support crew!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012   The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hare and Tortoise Run - Sunday May 27 2012
Page 1 of 1